Jaguar has used Doshi Audio gear in our reference system. Like similar components we offer, such as Lamm and EAR, Doshi has a rare level of engineering design that makes it stand out as unique and special. The Doshi philosophy can be expressed in one word: balance. A balance of classical and cutting-edge technologies, of eastern and western sensibilities, of professional and residential design strengths.
The Doshi Audio V3.0 Tape Stage is a reflection of the resurgence among analog tape and audiophiles’ need for a quality tape preamplifier. This is a fully functioning unit developed for the high-end audiophile and professional audio engineer. The V3.0 tape stage features a differential input head amplifier with adjustable gain, loading, low frequency EA, and level controls.
The head amplifier has a servo output stage that can be switched from Class A to Class A/B to cater to different tastes. The EQ section provides for adjustable EQ for NAB/IEC and AES (30ips) playback. It’s also low impedance and completely passive so that dynamics and phase relationships are preserved.
A transformer balanced output is available as an upgrade.
The result of this detailed design is a preamplifier that allows the full breadth and color of a performance to come through like never before. It makes for an unforgettable musical experience.
- Inputs : 1 pair of inputs (rear panel has RCA and XLR connectors available), only one can be used at a time
- Output : Balanced via XLR connectors, SE via RCA connectors
- Output Impedance : 150 Ohms
- Tube Complement: (6) ECC81/12AT7, (2) ECC99
- Hum and Noise : At least 80 db below 1 volt
- Accessories: separate, isolated power supply, umbilical cable with ground wire, and remote control