The Brooklyn DAC+ builds on Mytek's award-winning design with the new Sabre 9028 Pro DAC chipset, improvements to the analog section's analog attenuator and L/R channel separation, plus improvements to the headphone preamplifier. The tremendous overall functionality remains the same.
Note: Mytek products include a 45-day trial period. If it doesn't absolutely blow you away, send it back for a full a full refund (minus shipping and insurance costs).
An initial Break-in period for the Mytek Manhattan, Brooklyn and Liberty DACs of a full 150hrs is critital to their performance. You can run a unit 24/7 for 150hrs straight (play music at high output, amplifier off, then an additional 5hrs with the amp/headphones on). We recommend powering the unit off and let it cool down for 5 minutes each day. Please follow these break-in instructions closely before any critital listening evaluation, otherwise you'll probably won't be happy with the sound.
Note: Watch in Full-Screen, 1080HD mode, for the best viewing experience.
The review awards have already started for the Brooklyn:
- Named a "Most Significant Product" by The Absolute Sound.
- The Absolute Sound did a full review with a focus on MQA.
"Even without MQA the Mytek Brooklyn offers exceptional value due to its versatility, flexibility, ergonomic elegance, and overall high level of sonic performance. Once you throw MQA into the equation, I have to say, “Game over” for any DAC or DAC manufacturer that can’t keep up."
"Anyone who doesn’t understand how digital recording functions may have problems comprehending why MQA works, but even if you don’t get the tech, if you critically listen you will hear the audible superiority of an MQA-encoded file when compared with the PCM or DSD original."
"...the Brooklyn ranks with the best DACs I’ve used regardless of price or internal DAC technology."
- Positive Feedback is sold on the Brooklyn.
"Even if the new, "small" Mytek, due to the improved functionality, has become more expensive than its predecessor, the Brooklyn's price-sound relationship makes it almost irresistible. And if you are more into excitement, dynamics, and incredibly low bass than that last drop of spatial width, you will not be able to bypass the Mytek—neither in its price category nor also quite a bit beyond that."
- Here's what Stereophile said about the Brooklyn.
"In a single, small device you get not only digital conversion of every relevant audio format, but also phono equalization and amplification, component switching, and remote volume control. Add a compact amp, speakers, and a turntable, and you’ll have a system worthy of any upscale Williamsburg studio apartment."
"It’s also voiced for the pro market: “Sonically, the Brooklyn DAC is designed for the most accurate representation of the recording, so the mastering engineer can hear what’s recorded with confidence and make appropriate mastering decisions,” Jurewicz wrote to me in an e-mail."
"While I've sharpened my critical keyboard waxing over the sonic attributes of the Mytek Brooklyn—much-more-than-a—DAC, its performance dictates as critical a listen as any other DAC. That's to say that while some DACs at this price point pale in comparison to more expensive offerings, Brooklyn is dangerous."
Brooklyn DAC features:
- Stunning transparent detailed Mytek sound,
- Up to 384k, 32 bit and DSD256 conversion,
- 384k, 32 bit integer USB2 Class 2 interface (no drivers for Mac, Linux, or Linux based streamers, Native DSD ASIO Drivers for Windows),
- Certified MQA high resolution decoder for high resolution streaming,
- Choice of inputs: AES, SPDIF, Toslink, SPDIF, DSD SDIF, Analog Line In or Phono,
- High Performance M/C, M/M phono preamplifier (all analog signal path to output),
- High Performance Dual Mono, High Current (800mA) headphone preamplifier. Dual unbalanced jacks for two headphones or balanced operation with Mytek 2x1/4" to 4pin XLR adapter,
- Audio Interface function: in addition to USB playback, Brooklyn will accept digital inputs into computer via USB,
- Femtoclock Clock generator with jitter below 0.8ps,
- Wordclock input and output- stacking of units for multichannel and surround sound is possible,
- Optional 12 VDC power supply input,
- Sculpted aluminum front panel chassis,
- Choice of black or frosty silver,
- 2 year warranty Brooklyn just started shipping in December 2015 and is available on first come, first served basis.